Modular construction is inherently green. Constructing rooms, wings and buildings in a factory setting naturally contains contaminants that might otherwise be released into the environment during onsite construction. In addition, modular buildings go up faster than traditional buildings, reducing the carbon footprint and noise pollution on the site. The modular building process also decreases the time required for restoration of surrounding green spaces.
The process of building modular offers unique benefits that contribute to the sustainable building initiatives.
- Reducing waste due to construction in factory
- Limiting site disturbance
- Ability to use portable buildings and relocatable buildings
- Eliminating environmental damage to materials that are on-site and awaiting installation or construction
- Reducing overall construction time